After a long day working non-stop on model, which i am so depressed about..I returned home with the idea of trying some thing fun. On my way home in the cab, i had an idea of making marmalade. So after researching in the internet (http://www.orgasmicchef.com/preserves/orange-marmalade/), i decide to experiment on this by modifying the recipe as i have only 2 oranges and 1 lemon left in the refrigerator.
Ingredient :2 Orange
Half of Lemon
125 g of castor sugar
100 g of water
1. Place a plate in freezer.(this is to help jam set in later part)
2. Cut orange and lemon thinly. (see photo)
3. Remove seed if there is any. Put the orange slices in stack and cut it into quarters.4. Add water, lemon and orange and cook for 10 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 3. The thermomix would be shaking and vibrating abit vigorously. Dont be afraid here. Just make sure the table is stable :)
5. When you hear beep sound, open lid and add in sugar. Cook for another 20 minutes.
6. When you hear beep sound after 20 minutes, uncover the thermojug, taste the sweetness, if you like it, proceed to pour it on the plate that's been in the freezer.
7. Let it cool down and put it into a sterilized container. (to sterilize container, just put clean plastic container or glass jar into microwave and microwave it for like 1-2 minutes.
Happy trying :)
Chunkeat really love this jam:)